USC’s Jacob Cofie Pulls Name From Draft; NBA Sets Awards Schedule; Marks Ranks Draft Assets; Cuban Dismisses NBA Europe Buy-In
cofie-withdraws-draft-awards-assets-cuban
Los Angeles, CA — Sophomore forward Jacob Cofie is heading back to USC for his junior season after removing himself from the 2026 NBA draft, agent Aman Dhesi told DraftExpress on Wednesday.
The 6’10” power forward impressed scouts at the G League Elite Camp earlier this month, earning a late invitation to the main combine. Despite that bump, he was projected as a fringe prospect, sitting No. 99 on ESPN’s big board. Cofie averaged 9.9 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.8 blocks in 30.5 minutes across 32 starts for the Trojans in 2025-26 while shooting 51.0% from the field, 31.8% from three and 60.5% at the foul line.
League to Unveil Remaining 2025-26 Awards
The NBA confirmed it will resume award announcements Wednesday night. The schedule is as follows:
- All-Rookie teams — Wednesday (Peacock pre-game show)
- All-Defensive teams — Friday
- All-NBA teams — Sunday
- Coach of the Year — next Tuesday
Marks Ranks Teams by Draft Capital
ESPN front-office insider Bobby Marks grouped all 30 franchises into seven tiers based on current and future draft assets. The Nets, Hornets, Grizzlies, Thunder, Spurs, Jazz and Wizards headline Tier 1. Denver landed alone in Tier 7 because the Nuggets cannot trade a future first-round pick; they may only move this year’s No. 26 selection after it is made.
Cuban Not Interested in NBA Europe Franchise
Dallas Mavericks minority owner Mark Cuban told Front Office Sports he will not pursue ownership in a potential NBA Europe team. Calling the reported $500 million to $1 billion entry fee “more than I can justify,” Cuban labeled the concept “a hornets’ nest” and said he would rather purchase a club in a smaller league and “work my way up.”
Source: Hoops Rumors