Jaylen Brown open to spending the next decade with Celtics
jaylen-brown-open-to-decade-in-boston
Boston Celtics forward Jaylen Brown said Wednesday night that he would like to remain with the franchise “for the next 10 years,” dismissing outside speculation about friction with the organization.
Speaking during a live Twitch session on May 6, the five-time All-Star called his relationship with president of basketball operations Brad Stevens “great” and expressed frustration that Stevens had felt compelled to address the rumor earlier in the day. “I love Boston,” Brown said. “If it was up to me I could play in Boston for the next 10 years.”
The chatter surfaced after Hall of Famer Tracy McGrady claimed on the “Cousins” podcast that Brown’s frustration “lies deeply within” the team. Stevens responded on Monday, describing his conversation with Brown as “nothing but positive.”
Brown, 29, also characterized the 2025-26 campaign as his favorite season, even though Boston’s year ended with a Game 7 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers in the first round. Without Jayson Tatum for much of the schedule because of a torn Achilles, Brown delivered an MVP-caliber performance, guiding the Celtics to a 56-26 record and the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference. The former No. 3 overall pick helped Boston win the 2024 NBA championship.
The veteran reiterated Wednesday that he has no regrets over comments about officiating made after the Philadelphia series, remarks that led the NBA to fine him $50,000 on Tuesday. “You can fine me, but I care about this,” he said, adding that he believes inconsistent playoff officiating is a league-wide concern.
Brown is eligible to sign a two-year, $141.9 million extension with the Celtics when the league’s new salary window opens in July.
Source: ESPN