Home / Rumors / Warriors owner Joe Lacob shoots down Draymond Green trade chatter

Warriors owner Joe Lacob shoots down Draymond Green trade chatter

Spread the love

Warriors Owner Joe Lacob Rejects Rumors of Draymond Green Trade Discussions
warriors-owner-rejects-draymond-green-trade-discussions

Golden State Warriors governor Joe Lacob said the organization never considered trading Draymond Green ahead of the Feb. 5 deadline, dismissing recent speculation that the forward was dangled in proposals for Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Speaking with Tim Kawakami of the San Francisco Standard, Lacob reiterated comments made earlier this month by general manager Mike Dunleavy Jr. “He was never discussed in a trade,” Lacob said. “Mike was 100 percent correct. Draymond was never shopped. He’s a core person in this franchise.”

ESPN’s Anthony Slater previously reported Green’s name had appeared in the framework of potential offers to Milwaukee. Separately, Brett Siegel reported that Golden State issued “an emphatic no” when asked about Green’s availability. Lacob maintained any outside interest never progressed to the Warriors actively placing the 34-year-old into negotiations.

Dunleavy had noted just after the deadline that several teams inquired about Green, but the Warriors declined to include him in formal offers. Green later acknowledged the rumors affected him but added he intended to remain with the only NBA team he has played for.

The four-time NBA champion holds a $27.7 million player option for the 2026-27 season, leaving open the possibility his name could resurface in future off-season conversations.

Source: Hoops Wire

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *