Lakers Executive Tim Harris to Step Down After 2025-26 Season
lakers-executive-tim-harris-to-step-down-after-2025-26-season
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Los Angeles Lakers president of business operations Tim Harris told employees on Tuesday that this will be his final season with the franchise, according to multiple people familiar with the discussion.
Harris, a former professional soccer player who joined the Lakers’ business staff more than three decades ago, played a central role in negotiating the team’s long-term local television agreement with Spectrum SportsNet. That contract has been widely viewed as a major revenue advantage for the club.
The impending departure comes as new majority owner Mark Walter reshapes the organization. Walter, who assumed control last year, has already dismissed executive vice presidents Joey and Jesse Buss and is expected to recruit additional front-office personnel, mirroring the management overhaul he executed after purchasing the Los Angeles Dodgers.
It was not immediately clear who will succeed Harris. Walter has a track record of installing seasoned executives on the business side with the Dodgers, leading to speculation that a similar strategy will be employed in El Segundo.
Lakers’ Focus Shifts to Luka Dončić
Governor Jeanie Buss said the franchise is committed to constructing its roster around 26-year-old guard Luka Dončić, acquired from the Dallas Mavericks last season. “The partnership will give us the stability to continue to move forward as we build towards a team around Dončić,” Buss told reporters. “We couldn’t be more proud that he is a Laker.”
The Lakers view capitalizing on their global brand — on and off the court — as essential in the franchise’s new era under Walter’s ownership.
Source: Lakers Nation