MINNEAPOLIS — Center Rudy Gobert’s latest flagrant foul has put the Minnesota Timberwolves on notice for the remainder of the season. The four-time Defensive Player of the Year, who served a one-game ban after the incident in Friday’s win over Dallas, will be automatically suspended two games if he accumulates any additional flagrant-foul points.
Finch, Gobert question officiating
Head coach Chris Finch argued that officials allow excessive contact against Gobert without similar penalties in return. “Seemingly every time Rudy gets clocked in the head and the face, which is quite a bit, it’s always just, ‘Play on,’” Finch said. Gobert, 33, echoed the complaint, saying opponents “purposely foul me” and “run into my knees,” adding that calls against him feel “super penalized.”
Edwards targets perfect stretch run
Guard Anthony Edwards poured in 40 points—14 in the fourth quarter—against the Mavericks and said Minnesota can “go 25-0” if it approaches every game as it does against elite opponents. “It always starts with me,” the All-Star guard noted.
Conley ready for spot duty after re-signing
Nineteen-year veteran Mike Conley re-signed last week following trades to Chicago and Charlotte. Speaking to Zone Coverage, the point guard acknowledged a reduced role, saying younger backcourt teammates “should be getting these big minutes. I can be the stopgap or the pinch-hitter when you need me, but I’m prepared for that.”
Reid eyes second Sixth Man award
Reserve center Naz Reid, winner of the 2024 Sixth Man of the Year honor, said he is hunting “another one,” emphasizing that individual accolades rely on team success. Through 57 games, the 24-year-old is averaging 14.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.0 steal and 0.9 blocks while shooting 47.1 percent from the field and 38.7 percent from three-point range.
The Timberwolves, 41-16 after Friday’s victory, continue a Western Conference playoff push with Gobert’s disciplinary status and Edwards’ scoring surge both under close watch.
Source: Hoops Rumors